Enter the NexGen Photo Contest
Show off your photo skillz on Facebook and have a chance to win a $25 amazon.com gift card at the 2017 NexGen Youth Arts Conference! All entrants will receive a scholarship to attend the conference on Saturday, April 1.
Win in one of three categories:
- Best in Show :: Judge’s Selection (2 winners)
- Wild Card :: Randomly selected photo from all photos that have received at least 3 likes. (1 winner)
- People’s Choice :: Photo with the most likes on Facebook. (1 winner)
Submit your original photo via the form below.
You will be notified via email when your photo is live on the NexGen Facebook page. Share your photo with friends and family and rack up those likes!
Fine Print: Contest Rules
1. Contest Timing: The NexGen Photo Caption Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 3:00pm Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 10, 2017 and ends at 3:00pm ET on March 29, 2017 (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York, who are 13 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household) of BARAK, Inc (“Sponsor”), NexGen Youth Arts Contest (“Administrator”) are not eligible to participate or win.
3. Rules/Disclaimer: This promotion is open to those 13 and above in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New Jersey, and New York. Void where prohibited. By “Liking” you enter and agree that this promotion is in no way associated with, administered by, or endorsed by Facebook; and acknowledge a complete release of Facebook by your participation.
4. How to Enter the Contest: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Contest.
To enter, submit a photo via the photo submission web page (“entry”) to receive one (1) entry into the Contest. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor’s image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an entry and may disqualify the entrant from further participation in the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply and are entrants’ sole responsibility. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries will be disqualified.
5. Winner Selection:
The “People’s Choice” prize will be awarded to the entrant whose photo has the most eligible likes on Facebook at the time of contest end. The “Wild Card” prize will be awarded to one entrant selected randomly from all photos receiving at least 3 likes on Facebook. The “Best in Show” prize will be awarded to 2 winners and selected by a panel of Sponsor-selected judges. Winners will be announced April 1, 2017.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Winners receive a $25 amazon.com giftcard.
6. General Rules: Grand prize winner must be present at the NexGen Conference on Saturday, April 1, 2017 to receive prize. Failure to pick up prize at conference may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be determined via the judging criteria described above. Winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Contest Entities and Facebook from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Contest Entities to use winners’ names, likenesses, statements and entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Entrants grant the Contest Entities the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, adapt, or otherwise revise and/or alter the entry, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry for editorial, commercial, promotional, regulatory or legal reasons and all other purposes, in its sole discretion. The Contest Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, Contest, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancellation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the winners from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
7. Disputes: Entrants/winners agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; Entrants/Winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants/Winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants/winners or the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pa, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the Commonwealth of Pa, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pa.
8. Data Collection: Sponsor collects personal information from participants when they enter the Contest (and for when they may be deemed the winners of the Contest) for use in administration of the Contest. During the Contest (including upon entry), you may be asked to consent to receive promotional emails and information about Sponsor. Consenting to receive such emails and information is optional, and is not necessary to enter or win this Contest, nor will it increase or improve your chances of winning. By entering this Contest, entrants are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook.
9. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is NexGen, P.O. Box 60143, Harrisburg, PA 17106